So it has now been 9 days since I got the epidural injection in my back and SI joints, and I am overjoyed by the pain relief I am experiencing!!! The past couple days have been really good!!! I still have some soreness which is not unusual, but I have dramatically increased range of motion, I can sit on the floor and play with the kids, unload the dishwasher without choking back tears, and sit at the table and eat with the family for the whole meal (usually half-way through I would have to head to the cushy chair to relieve the pain). So all-in-all I can confidently say that IT'S WORKING!!! I am also amazed at how much more energy I've had throughout the day. My morning routine doesn't require 30 minutes of stretching in order to get moving :)
I am continuing to go to physical therapy, but now that I have the pain under control, they can be a lot more aggressive in treating the core causes of my back problems. I am doing a rigorous glute, ab, and hip strengthening program which will help bring stability to my entire trunk. I am at an incredible physical therapy office, and for the first time in 15 years I feel like I am receiving treatment that will actually bring me long-term relief. I have learned so much through the experience of dealing with chronic pain, and boy what a battle it has been! Through this whole journey God has taught me so much about relying on Him and He has been the source of my strength. There are so many days I look back and wonder how in the world I survived not being able to move with 3 small children to take care of! It is in those moments of complete helplessness and desperation that I see God's hand reaching down and carrying me through. Yes, His words are true when He says He will never leave us or forsake us. Thank you Jesus for your faithfulness as I journeyed through this long dark tunnel. YOU have been the Light at the end of the tunnel!
Hi Michelle! I love that you are blogging now, and glad to hear your back is getting better. My question for you is, what happened to it in the first place?
ReplyDeletePRAISE GOD! He is the true physician, and He finally got you in for this important appointment for pain relief and restored health! May the going keep going great! Love and neverending strength, Your Washington family
ReplyDelete